Jason Statham Really Wants to Confirm Shaw's Fast & Furious Return

Jason Statham seemed to confirm that Deckard Shaw will be returning to the Fast and Furious franchise before the film series wraps up for good.

"I'd love to come back for those couple of movies," the actor told Collider in a new interview. "It's thin ice that I’m skating on if I talk about what’s going to happen in the next movies. But I know [F9 director] Justin Lin, I know him really well, and it was funny, when I came on to do the cameo in 6, he never turned up to 7 and 8, and they’re the ones that I did, so we're destined to do something bigger."

RELATED: In the Fast & Furious Saga, Even the Cars Need to Audition

The actor added that he's had a great time working with Vin Diesel and the other Fast actors, noting, "I've made some great friends on that movie, and I really love the film franchise itself."

"I think it’s a global success for all the right reasons," he continued. "To be a part of it is just a great privilege. So if they want me in the next ones, I’ll be there."

Statham also recently teased his potential return as Shaw following the announcement that Sung Kang's Han would be returning to the franchise -- from the grave -- in F9.

"They better bring me back, because I need to put out that fire," the actor said at the time. "If he's got any score to settle, it's with me." Fans will recall that Furious 7 found Statham's character allegedly killing Han as the first part of his revenge against the team for crippling his brother, Owen, who was portrayed by Luke Evans.

RELATED: Fast & Furious 1-8 Return to Theaters for Free Ahead of F9

Statham portrayed Shaw in Fast & Furious 6, Furious 7 and The Fate of the Furious. He also reprised the role alongside Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson in 2019's Fast & Furious Presents: Hobbs & Shaw. And while Statham isn't known to appear in F9, he teased in the same interview that a sequel to Hobbs & Shaw is also in the works.

"Hundreds of millions get spent on making the movie and promoting the movie, so they have to have a good script," he explained. "We're motivated to do something about that; we're waiting for the knock on the door, essentially."

Directed by Justin Lin, F9 stars Vin Diesel, Michelle Rodriguez, Tyrese Gibson, Chris "Ludacris" Bridges, John Cena, Nathalie Emmanuel, Jordana Brewster, Sung Kang, Helen Mirren, Kurt Russell and Charlize Theron. The film arrives in theaters June 25.

KEEP READING: F9: John Cena Says He's the Franchise's Greatest Villain, Ever

Source: Collider


Post a Comment

0 Comments