Life-Size Iron Man Armor Leads to Midnight Police Visit | CBR

A man was visited by police in Leeds, UK, after a life-size Iron Man suit scared passers-by below the man's residence.

The homeowner, from Deansgate Square, Manchester, was awoken in the middle of the night when police officers and paramedics visited his high rise apartment in response to a cause from the concierge. They were reportedly concerned by the light-up Iron Man figure in the window, thinking that the figure was that of someone hanging.

RELATED: Marvel's Creative Committee Tried to Kill Civil War's Captain America/Iron Man Fight

The man said that the £14,000 (approximately $20,000) figure has been with him for some time and has never caused any issues in the past. The man said, "I was asleep in bed when I got a call from concierge to say the police were on their way up... I jumped out of bed in a scare I just totally panicked, I didn't know what was going on, my kids were in the other room I had to check they were okay... I had police, paramedics, officers all come in."

He then explained that the tension immediately disappeared and the tone shifted dramatically once authorities and paramedics realized that the figure was actually Iron Man. "I switched on the lights and within minutes they realised it was the Iron Man sculpture and they just said 'wow' and 'that's cool.'" He continued, "The next thing they were taking selfies with it... It seems surreal now, but at the time it was really scary."

KEEP READING: Marvel Reportedly Wanted Iron Man's Robert Downey Jr. to Play Doctor Doom

Source: The Mirror


Post a Comment

0 Comments