The Undertaker Endorses The Rock for President | CBR

WWE legend The Undertaker voiced his support for longtime friend Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson if the latter chooses to run for President of the United States in the future.

"Man, what a success story he is. And not given to him," Undertaker said recently about Johnson's rise in a conversation with TMZ. "I mean, that man works his tail off and he dives in wholeheartedly in everything that he does and if he gets his mindset that he wants to make a run at politics, ya know what? I think he'll do it."

RELATED: Young Rock: Why Andre the Giant Almost CRUSHED Dwayne Johnson

The Undertaker explained that he doesn't know where Johnson "sits on a lot of his policies," adding, "But I know that [if] he has the will and the determination to do something, he usually does it." He also joked, "Hey, I'd call in a favor or two. Maybe a pardon at some point?"

When the interviewer pressed the retired wrestler on whether Johnson could bring together the increasingly divided American people, he noted, "I think so. He's so charming, he's so witty, I think he can be the uniter that people are looking for." Undertaker continued. "I know that he has the charisma. Maybe all it would take would be one eyebrow, and he'd look at the left, raise the eyebrow. Look at the right, raise an eyebrow and hit 'em with 'the People's Elbow.'"

RELATED: Dwayne Johnson Reveals His Grueling Black Adam Workout Routine

The opening scene of Johnson's new sitcom, Young Rock, opened with the entertainer-turned-politician being interviewed during his presidential campaign in the year 2032. While Johnson has previously remained mum about his political views and aspirations, he recently told USA Today's "Entertain This!" that he might consider a political career at some point.

"I would consider a presidential run in the future if that's what the people wanted," Johnson said at the time. "So I would wait and I would listen." He continued, "I would have my finger on the pulse and my ear to the ground." While the campaign slogan for the fictional version of Johnson is "Just Hang On, I'm Coming," the real life entertainer didn't share what his campaign slogan would be.

Created by Nahnatchka Khan and produced by Johnson, Young Rock stars Adrian Groulx, Bradley Constant and Uli Latukefu in the titular role with Stacey Leilua Ata and Joseph Lee Anderson as his parents Ata and Rocky. The series airs Tuesdays at 8 p.m. ET on NBC.

KEEP READING: Young Rock: Dwayne Johnson Got Over Bullying In the Perfect Way

Source: TMZ


Post a Comment

0 Comments