John Krasinski on Whether He'd Play Mr. Fantastic: 'Hell, Yeah!'

John Krasinski is definitely interested in playing Mr. Fantastic in the upcoming Fantastic Four movie.

In an interview with Uproxx, Krasinski discussed the excitement regarding his interest in the role. When asked whether the buzz about the Marvel superhero was part of a media strategy, Krasinski affirmed that headlines had no bearing on his response, saying, "And then you get older and you just go, 'I don’t know, I’m going to be honest.' And my honest answer was like, 'Hell yeah. I’d play Mr. Fantastic.'"

RELATED: Fantastic Four: No, Red Dead Redemption 2's Roger Clark Isn't Playing Thing

The major reaction, from both fans and the media, surprised Krasinski. "And then people were like, 'Oh my God.' And I didn’t know it would be headlines. I thought it would just be the eighth question in that interview. But it’s true," he stated.

First announced in 2019 as part of Marvel Cinematic Universe's Phase 4, The Fantastic Four film is still mostly a mystery, causing much speculation. Krasinski's seemingly innocent answer has contributed to the rumors, prompting him to add, "I actually felt stupid. I wanted to email Kevin Feige and be like, 'Sorry, man. I wasn’t trying to like put pressure on you. You’re the man.'"

Although nothing is confirmed on the Mr. Fantastic front, fans can still catch Krasinski in his many ongoing projects. A Quiet Place: Part II, which he wrote and directed, was recently released in theaters. Furthermore, the actor is currently filming the third season of the hit Amazon Prime series Jack Ryan.

Directed by Jon Watts, The Fantastic Four has yet to receive a release date.

KEEP READING: Marvel's Phase 4 Sizzle Reel Continues to Tease Fantastic Four

Source: Uproxx


Post a Comment

0 Comments